“Real change will happen when the entire organization is a part of it.”
One of the things we need the most in our work environment is diversity. If we are lucky enough, we find an organization that is all about accepting their employees’ differences and thriving because of them--an organization that leads through change, overcomes obstacles and leads with authenticity and passion. But not all of us have the privilege of working in such workspaces. That’s why we have Shannon Polson, the founder of The Grit Institute, to help us out.
Shannon has had what most might consider a diverse career path. From Army veteran to the world of corporate marketing to published author, Shannon is now focusing on her latest adventure: The Grit Project. She is the founder and CEO of The Grit Institute (thegritinstitute.com), a leadership development organization dedicated to the ‘whole leader’ approach to ethical and people-centered performance in times of change and challenge. Shannon is the author of the upcoming book, THE GRIT FACTOR: Courage, Resilience, and Leadership in the Most Male-Dominated Organization in the World where she uses her own personal story and those of many other ground-breaking military women, to argue that grit is a skill; one that can be taught to help people overcome fear, breakthrough uncertainty, and reach their full potential.
Listen out for:
- Shannon’s army experience.
- Army vs corporate world similarities.
- What The Grit Factor is.
- Tips to shift cultural workplace norms.
- The importance of commitment in organizations.
- Subscribe to 'Mindvalley Membership' to discover 30+ Mindvalley Quests – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/superhuman
Like this episode?
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcasting app. Share this with your friends on Instagram or Twitter.
Here are some great episodes to start with. Or, check out episodes by topic.